Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday's Happenings













Steve best watch out, Ella is both a neat freak and a coffee lover. This morning at breakfast I was brought a cup of coffee. Ella drank all of it. She wanted seconds but I thought that was a bad idea. I'm blaming the coffe for a lack of a nap. Anytime her hands get dirty or she spills she cleans it up right away.

We stayed at the Guest House in the am. It was nice to have a quiet morning. Ella wanted to be held every second of the day. I not only have to hold her but she wants me to stand up and do it. If I sit, she screams. The habit of screaming will eventually have to be broken, but this point her wanted to be held is a good thing and will help her develop a bond with me (and eventually Steve and Hunter once we get home).

This afternoon we went back to Layla, our agencies care center, for a quick visit. At first she was really upset and thought I was going to leave her there. However, as she saw familiar faces and kids she was very happy to be there. She was running, playing and the having a blast. Unfortunately, she was very mad at me when it was time to leave. I took her away from something familiar.

We went to visit my sponsor children this afternoon. It was so wonderful to see them. Their spirit, gratitude and faith are just humbling. They were happy to see me, Ella and Miriam (the social worker). They were so thankful for the tennis shoes that I brought for them. They all went and washed their feet before trying their new socks and shoes on. The oldest is getting great grades on his national exams and will go to college. The youngest and middle are working hard so they can go to college too.


We had a small playdate tonight with friends and that was fun. Ella had a blast running around with the other children. She was very sad when they left.

At the beginning of the day, I was her favorite by the end she was very mad at me. However, such is the life of a toddler.
















1 comment: