Monday, September 12, 2011

Pick Up Day







Today has been a great day. I still don't have my luggage, but I'm doing o.k.

I started off the day by going to the Hilton. It was so nice to pick up a comb, toothpaste and a toothbrush. It's amazing how that can change your whole day!

Next, I went to Layla House to see all the kids. It was so much fun. Ella was much better about hanging out with me today. By the end she wasn't letting me put her down. I had her take her nap at Layla so I knew she got some good rest in the day if tonight didn't go well.

While Ella was napping I headed over to Ritmo Guest House to visit some other adoptive parents. It was great to see the Gaines, Welch and Connelly families. Praying that the Gaines and Welch families pass embassy soon. Ed Connelly and I go for our embassy appointment tomorrow.



After naptime, Ella and I played some more at Layla. Plus, I think I held every kid in the toddler room twice. When it was time to go Ella left without any tears. We loaded up in the Dawit's van and off we went. Ella was staring out the window all the whole way.



When we got to the guest house, we were quickly informed we were having dinner at another guest house. It was good to have dinner with other people, but it was a bit overwhelming for Ella at first. She warmed up to people by the end of the night. We celebrated Ethiopian New Year with coffee, popcorn and a bonfire. Nothing like freshly roasted coffee beans for coffee. Ella tried the coffee but did not care for it. The whole thing tuckered her out and she went to bed quickly after we got home.



Prayer requests: That Ella's transition goes well & that my luggage arrives before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment