Well, I didn't get off to the best start in Ethiopia. I only slept about an hour during a twelve hour flight. I got to Ethiopia and I have no luggage. I'm probably going to wearing the same clothes for 7 days. I have nothing for Ella as far as clothes and supplies. I am just praying my luggage arrives tomorrow. I need clothes, a hairbrush, etc.
Thankfully, I am at a wonderful guest house. I came here after the flight and took a nap. However, I do miss my companions at the guest house from the last trip. It was so nice to talk to someone over dinner and share our common experiences. As of now, I am the only one at this guest house. Hoping someone arrives before I leave. I'm happy that Ella will be here with me tomorrow.
I went over to Layla to see Ella today. At first she wanted nothing to do with me, eventhough every other kid was crawling all over me. There are about 8 toddlers in her room now. They are all so fun but they just crave so much love. Ella had warmed up to me by the end and was sitting in my lap, "doing" my hair and kept showing me her buddha belly.
The other great part of today was seeing everyone else's kids. Pastoor kids, Rodgriguez kids, Hertzfeld boy, etc! I'm going to try and upload pics from here but not sure how it will go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment