We received an update from our adoption agency today. Ethiopia will implement the two trip rule beginning May 9th. What this means to Steve and I is that we will need to take two trips in order to adopt our daughter. The first trip will be after we receive our referral and she has passed court in Ethiopia. We will have a court date with an Ethiopian attorney and judge. We will need to state that we have met our daughter and are aware of any health or developmental concerns she may have. The second trip will, most likely, be made by Robin and I. That is when we get to pick up Baby Girl Hagelin and bring her home to the United States.
I believe we still have awhile to wait for the referral of our daughter. The agency is currently processing girl referrals for families who submitted their dossiers in January 2009. We did not submit our dossier until July 2009. Please keeep our future child and her birth family in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment